With the economy poised to open up soon, now is the time to prep your home for sale! The housing market will be flooded with inventory, so how can you position yourself to put your best foot forward? Follow these simple steps and your home will shine
against the competition!
1. Clean baseboards, ceiling fans, air vents and empty and wipe down all cabinets and drawers.
2. Organize your closets and storage spaces. Donate what you can. Don’t forget to clear the entryway!
3. Freshen up your paint or neutralize highly stylized colors and patterns and patch any areas that need it. Swap out or remove personal photos.
4. Make sure all your lights are working. Replace lightbulbs where needed, clean and dust lamps and shades. Wash and clean all blinds and drapes.
5. Prep your outdoor areas by sweeping, cleaning outdoor furniture, power wash if needed. Make sure all your planters have fresh, healthy plants or remove them from visible areas if they aren’t being used.
If you are looking for guidance or helpful tips on getting ready to go on the market, give us a call. The Jennifer Hollister Group has over 100 years of combined experience in real estate, and we’re here for you!