Spring is here, the weather is turning and flowers have started blooming. It’s time to get outdoors! We have created a short list of the top local parks that have something to offer everyone, even our furry friends. Check out the top 5 local parks.
1. Willow Mill Park, Mechanicsburg offers a variety of family friendly activities including a 9 hole disc golf course, access to the Conodoguinet creek for fishing and multiple pavilions for outdoor gatherings. There is even a Veteran’s Memorial that
honors veterans of all services and areas. All of this is set against a beautifully tranquil backdrop at the creek’s edge.
2. Creekview Park, Mechancisburg was designed for the sports enthusiasts! While it may be smaller than some of the other parks in the area, it’s small size only adds to the community feel. It offers 4 tennis courts, 2 baseball fields and a basketball
court. In addition, there is a beautiful walking path, pavilions and a playground.
3. Negley Park, Lemoyne offers skyline views of Harrisburg. This picturesque spot is a favorite among the locals for its views of the city. It has picnic areas, tennis and basketball courts as well as walking trails. Want to watch the fireworks after
the Senator’s baseball games? This is the place!
4. Lower Allen Community Park, Lewisberry is located on over 110 acres of beautiful land that borders the Yellow Breeches. It is the ideal location for weddings, family retreats and special events. Want to take your furry friend? No problem! There
is a Bark Park available as well as plenty of walking trails. Enjoy a stroll along the banks of the Yellow Breeches and dip your toes in the water.
5. Adams-Ricci Park, Mechanicsburg is known locally for hosting festivals and events. Multiple times a year you can take the family to enjoy rides, food trucks, fun houses and more! When there’s not a special event, there are still tons of things
to do! This park has beautiful walking trails, baseball and soccer fields as well as a large playground.
Our local community is blessed to have so many community parks, and these are just a few of the many options in our area. These 5 options provide a mix of what Central PA has to offer, but there are even more to explore!