1. Wear comfortable shoes and warm clothes, wearing multiple layers of clothing will help keep you comfortable without getting too warm. You should also have some bright colors or reflective surfaces on your clothes/costume if you are outside in the dark.
2. Preparation is key! Make sure to have a flashlight, cell phone and water with you. Have a contact that will be available for you to call if you run into any issues while trick or treating.
3. Always accompany small children the entire time. If older children are going on their own, review the route they will be taking and decide on a time to check in and return home.
4. Never approach a home that does not have lights on or have a well lit walkway.
5. Wait until you return home to inspect and eat your candy. If any of your treats have torn wrappers or look suspicious, throw it away immediately.
Use this link if you are looking for additional information on your local trick or treat night: https://www.pennlive.
The Jennifer Hollister Group wishes you and your family a very Happy Halloween!