The holidays are quickly approaching and it's hard to believe Thanksgiving is only a week away! If you're hosting family and friends this year, we have you covered with great tips on how to create a memorable table setting.
1. Select your color scheme. This is usually a mild palette of earthy tones like orange, yellow, brown and red but you can branch out and do something different like an all white palette. Choose colors that will complement your dishes and table set.
2. Mix and match textures and patterns. Burlap is a great material that can be used with almost any color scheme to add some texture. You don't have to make a bold statement, subtle touches throughout can have a big impact.
3. Incorporate natural elements into the design. Complement the earthy tones of the season by adding grape vines, pine cones, twigs, berries or foliage into your centerpieces.
4. It's the little details that make all the difference. Small touches like decorative napkin rings, statement salt and pepper shakers or even name card holders can really tie the design together and add a personal touch.
5. Don't forget the food presentation. Add sliced oranges, grapes, or greenery to serving plates to elevate the look of your serving dishes and highlight the delicious food being served.
The most important part of the holidays is to enjoy the time spent with loved ones. The Jennifer Hollister Group wishes you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!