Summer is quickly approaching and we can finally begin enjoying more time outdoors! This makes it the perfect time to spruce up your outdoor spaces. Here are a few ideas to consider for your outdoor spaces:
1. Create a lush, beautiful yard using a variety of colors and textures. Select a bold color for flowering plants and add a variety of sizes for outdoor plants and shrubs. This will create a wonderful focal point and provide some shaded space.
2. Bring in the birds! Pennsylvania is home to a plethora of bird species that are unique and beautiful. Hang a bird feeder in the yard that is within view from inside your home, this way you can watch the birds even if you're indoors.
3. More people are working from home than ever before. We recommend crafting an alternate outdoor office space to enjoy the weather! Create privacy with dense plants. Add a pergola or oversized umbrella for shade. Swap out your office desk and chair for
a bistro table and patio chair.
4. Edible gardening will be on the rise this year due to inflation and rising prices for everyday items. Why not grow your own fruit, vegetables and herbs? If you don't have a lot of space, try creating a container garden with large containers that can
grow multiple plants in a small space.
5. Design a small garden with your favorite flowers. Then you will always have them on hand to cut and create small bouquets to place around your home. This is a fantastic way to bring the outdoors inside your home all summer!